The Park Hyatt New York will be opening on August 19, on 57th street between 7th and 8th avenues across from Carnegie Hall. Here’s what you need to know:
- The global flagship Park Hyatt hotel occupies floors 1-25 of a 90 story building. (The floors above the hotel are extremely ritzy residential units.)
- There will be no front desk check-in. A personal attendant will greet guests at the entrance and whisk them up to the second-floor lounge to do the check-in process, via a tablet.
- Yabu Pushelberg did the interiors which they have described as “gracious glamour” and that description could not be more spot-on. The rooms are modern but soft, metropolitan but relaxing, and strong but inviting. There are also several design elements that YP created exclusively for the Park Hyatt New York, like the leather trunk that doubles as a safe and slipper stash. We’ll explore more of these next week.
- The bathrooms have both showers and tubs with a separate water closet (featuring Toto toilets if you need to know. Also, La Labo created a custom-scent for the Park Hyatt called Tubereuse 40.
- The minibar, hidden behind a sleek cabinet, features the newest Nespresso model, gourmet goodies and plenty of booze.
- All guest rooms will also have Intelity in-room tablets for guests to use during their stay.